Coety Choir has presented the primary school at Nantymoel with a cup, in memory of the late Alun Pope, who had lived in the community for 92 yrs.
The trophy will be presented annually to the pupil who has contributed most to the life of the school.
Alun Pope’s daughter Mairwen (centre), is pictured at the school, with Coety Choir’s M.D., Eira Paskin and the Choir’s Chairman, Eirianwen Stanford.
It is believed that the cup will be a fitting tribute to Alun, who did so much for his community and who was a faithful member of local choirs, including Cantorion Coety.
On a fine evening in June, Cantorion Coety performed a humorous repertoire of songs and stories, to Albert Edward Prince of Wales Court Care Home’s residents in Porthcawl.
Cantorion Coety in hall of Albert Edward’s Home.
Time for a story!
The sketch was enjoyed by all!
Tabernacl Chapel, Bridgend
- Cantorion Coety, under the baton of Eira Paskin, with soloist, Tomi Turner.
2. Llangewydd School Choir under the direction of teacher Darryl Evans.
3. The senior pupils add a lot of interest with the rhythm of the drums
Dr. John Elfed Jones, Cantorion Coety’s President, thanked everyone for a successful concert.
- In Ewenny Priory on 21st April, 2018.
2. The two choirs singing, accompanied by early traditional instruments..
3. The performers and their musical directors receive the appreciation of the audience .
Cantorion Coety singing to a local group of over fifties at the Coychurch Memorial Hall.
Socializing over a cup of tea and hot cross buns after the concert- 29.03.18
The Chairman takes an opportunity to thank everyone.
Cantorion Coety were invited again this year to join Ogmore Vale Male Voice for their St. David’s Day celebrations. The concert was well attended and the audience and choir enjoyed Welsh Cawl during the interval.
Ogmore Vale Male Voice Choir in concert.
Ogmore Vale Choir under the baton of M.D., Eira Paskin.
Cantorion Coety and Ogmore Vale Choir with Eira Paskin.
Unfortunately our colleague Alun Pope, Nantymoel, could not be present. After a period of debilitating illness, he lost his battle. Alun was a faithful and diligent member of both choirs. He will be sadly missed by all.
- The Ensemble at the Catholic Church Bridgend.
2. Soprano, Gafiiatullina Nelia, singing Requiem Aeternam.
3. The group wearing traditional attire for the folk songs..
4. The Tenor, Karpov Aleksei singing A Red Red Rose.
5. Artamonov Anatolii – Basso Profundo.
Porthcawl Welsh Learners Choir – Musical Director – Anne Brown.
Harpist and Soloist – Tomi Turner.
Gilgal Handbells Party.
Cantorion Coety and the Porthcawl Welsh Learners Choir combine for the finale.
The concert was held at Gilgal Chapel, Porthcawl, in aid of the charity “Tear Fund”. The evening proved to be very successful, the large audience being very appreciative of the evening’s varied programme.
- Cantorion Coety, with Musical Director – Eira Paskin.
2. Da Capo, with Musical Director – Kathryn Brace.
Soloist, Rhydian Jenkins.
Crescendo, with Musical Director – Kathryn Brace.
Thank you everyone for a wonderful concert.