This year’s Annual Concert will be held at Tabernacl Chapel, Derwen Road, Bridgend at 7pm on Fri 14th June, 2019.
Also performing with the Choir will be:
1. Rhydian Jenkins – Tenor
2. Ogmore Vale Male Voice Choir – M.D. Eira Paskin
Tickets £5 from any Cantorion Coety choir member or at the door.
A warm welcome to all.
Cantorion Coety were the guest Choir at two functions to celebrate St. David’s Day:
First at Coychurch, on the 28th of February, where the choir performed at a morning concert with refreshments, which was held by the Over 50’s Club at the local Memorial Hall.
The second performance was at the Cwm Ogwr Choir’s Centre, where a joint concert was held. The evening proved to be well received by all and “Cawl” and Welsh Cakes were served during the evening.
Cantorion Coety were once again indebted for the guidance and support of their M.D., Eira Paskin and accompanist, Gareth Waite.
Cantorion Coety had a busy programme of engagements during the Christmas period:
1. Dec 1st. Carol Concert at the Carnegie Hall, Bridgend, as part of the Christmas Fair.
2. Dec 5th. A Christmas concert for the residents of Ty Hafod, Llanrhymni.
3. Dec 15th. Carol Concert at the National Botanic Gardens of Wales, Llanarthne.
4. Dec 17th. Choir Christmas Dinner at St Mary’s Golf Club. (Photos below).
Coety Choir has presented the primary school at Nantymoel with a cup, in memory of the late Alun Pope, who had lived in the community for 92 yrs.
The trophy will be presented annually to the pupil who has contributed most to the life of the school.
Alun Pope’s daughter Mairwen (centre), is pictured at the school, with Coety Choir’s M.D., Eira Paskin and the Choir’s Chairman, Eirianwen Stanford.
It is believed that the cup will be a fitting tribute to Alun, who did so much for his community and who was a faithful member of local choirs, including Cantorion Coety.
On a fine evening in June, Cantorion Coety performed a humorous repertoire of songs and stories, to Albert Edward Prince of Wales Court Care Home’s residents in Porthcawl.
Cantorion Coety in hall of Albert Edward’s Home.
Time for a story!
The sketch was enjoyed by all!
Tabernacl Chapel, Bridgend
- Cantorion Coety, under the baton of Eira Paskin, with soloist, Tomi Turner.
2. Llangewydd School Choir under the direction of teacher Darryl Evans.
3. The senior pupils add a lot of interest with the rhythm of the drums
Dr. John Elfed Jones, Cantorion Coety’s President, thanked everyone for a successful concert.
- In Ewenny Priory on 21st April, 2018.
2. The two choirs singing, accompanied by early traditional instruments..
3. The performers and their musical directors receive the appreciation of the audience .
Cantorion Coety singing to a local group of over fifties at the Coychurch Memorial Hall.
Socializing over a cup of tea and hot cross buns after the concert- 29.03.18
The Chairman takes an opportunity to thank everyone.
Cantorion Coety were invited again this year to join Ogmore Vale Male Voice for their St. David’s Day celebrations. The concert was well attended and the audience and choir enjoyed Welsh Cawl during the interval.
Ogmore Vale Male Voice Choir in concert.
Ogmore Vale Choir under the baton of M.D., Eira Paskin.
Cantorion Coety and Ogmore Vale Choir with Eira Paskin.
Unfortunately our colleague Alun Pope, Nantymoel, could not be present. After a period of debilitating illness, he lost his battle. Alun was a faithful and diligent member of both choirs. He will be sadly missed by all.