The AGM was held on the 10th March, 2020, when the entire committee was re-elected for another year. The music team also declared that they would be available for next year, led by the Musical Director, Eira Paskin.
The Choir President, Dr. John Elfed Jones addressed the meeting, and stated that he had been very pleased with the choir’s performances during the year, especially the concerts given in support of local communities, including Coity.
1. Eira Paskin, Dr. John Elfed Jones and Eirianwen Stanford, Chairperson.
2. The President with the committee.
3. Cantorion Coety in rehearsal at Gilead Coity.
The choir is preparing for two concerts to be held in March:
a) At the Ogmore Vale Male Voice Centre on 1st March.
b) The Porthcawl Pavilion, at 7.00 p.m. on 21st March.
Alun Roberts Jones
Cantorion Coety had a busy, but enjoyable, time leading up to Christmas, 2019. They performed a selection of seasonal songs and carols at the Christmas Fair held at Aberglasney Gardens, and later in the month entertained the gusets arriving for the special dinner arranged by the Coity Residents Association.
The Choir Christmas party was arranged for Mon 16th December, when Cantorion Coety were delighted to have the company of their President Dr. John Elfed Jones. During the evening kind sentiments were expressed for those members who could not be present, the President particularly remembered in Welsh “englyn” verse, Mrs Beryl Thomas of Ewenny, who has not been in the best of health of late.
Choir Chairman Mrs Eirianwen Stanford presided over the formalities and thanked all for their efforts during the year,
1. Eira Paskin MD, being presented with a choir portrait.
2. The Choir enjoyed the evening at the Six Bells, Coity.
3. Ho! Ho! Ho! A merry Xmas everyone $$$$$
Alun Roberts Jones
- With the Ewenny Chamber Choir at the Priory on 12.10.19
2. Cantorion Coety, under the baton of Eira Paskin at Ewenny Priory Church.
3.The Voskresenije Ensemble from St. Petersburg at Bridgend, 28.10.19
4. Cantorion Coety also performed at St. Mary’s Church, Bridgend.
5. Everyone present appreciated the talents of the young tenor Rhydian Jenkins.
6. Cantorion Coety will next appear at the Christmas Fair to be held at Aberglasney on Saturday the 30th November, 2019.
Alun Roberts Jones
- Rhydian Jenkins at tne Cantorion Coety Annual Concert.
2. Rhydian won the First Prize at the Urdd National Eisteddfod, Cardiff, 2019
The Eisteddfod trophy had been sponsored by Cantorion Coety.
This year’s Annual Concert will be held at Tabernacl Chapel, Derwen Road, Bridgend at 7pm on Fri 14th June, 2019.
Also performing with the Choir will be:
1. Rhydian Jenkins – Tenor
2. Ogmore Vale Male Voice Choir – M.D. Eira Paskin
Tickets £5 from any Cantorion Coety choir member or at the door.
A warm welcome to all.
Cantorion Coety were the guest Choir at two functions to celebrate St. David’s Day:
First at Coychurch, on the 28th of February, where the choir performed at a morning concert with refreshments, which was held by the Over 50’s Club at the local Memorial Hall.
The second performance was at the Cwm Ogwr Choir’s Centre, where a joint concert was held. The evening proved to be well received by all and “Cawl” and Welsh Cakes were served during the evening.
Cantorion Coety were once again indebted for the guidance and support of their M.D., Eira Paskin and accompanist, Gareth Waite.
Cantorion Coety had a busy programme of engagements during the Christmas period:
1. Dec 1st. Carol Concert at the Carnegie Hall, Bridgend, as part of the Christmas Fair.
2. Dec 5th. A Christmas concert for the residents of Ty Hafod, Llanrhymni.
3. Dec 15th. Carol Concert at the National Botanic Gardens of Wales, Llanarthne.
4. Dec 17th. Choir Christmas Dinner at St Mary’s Golf Club. (Photos below).
Coety Choir has presented the primary school at Nantymoel with a cup, in memory of the late Alun Pope, who had lived in the community for 92 yrs.
The trophy will be presented annually to the pupil who has contributed most to the life of the school.
Alun Pope’s daughter Mairwen (centre), is pictured at the school, with Coety Choir’s M.D., Eira Paskin and the Choir’s Chairman, Eirianwen Stanford.
It is believed that the cup will be a fitting tribute to Alun, who did so much for his community and who was a faithful member of local choirs, including Cantorion Coety.
On a fine evening in June, Cantorion Coety performed a humorous repertoire of songs and stories, to Albert Edward Prince of Wales Court Care Home’s residents in Porthcawl.
Cantorion Coety in hall of Albert Edward’s Home.
Time for a story!
The sketch was enjoyed by all!
Tabernacl Chapel, Bridgend
- Cantorion Coety, under the baton of Eira Paskin, with soloist, Tomi Turner.
2. Llangewydd School Choir under the direction of teacher Darryl Evans.
3. The senior pupils add a lot of interest with the rhythm of the drums
Dr. John Elfed Jones, Cantorion Coety’s President, thanked everyone for a successful concert.